- Detached period home
- Unique opportunity to acquire a piece of history
- Located in an area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
- Offered for sale with 8 acres, with an additional 68 acres available by separate negotiation
- The property boasts a breast shot water wheel
- Recently undergone substantial renovations
- Previous commercial use and offering the potential for further commercial development (camping, holiday lets etc) subject to the necessary consents
NEW GUIDE PRICE £600,000 - £650,000 *With additional land totalling 68 acres available by separate negotiation*
Stockwith Mill is a unique opportunity to acquire an attractive 3 bed home with a historic water mill set in over 8 acres. There is also additional land and woodland available totalling 68 acres. Set in an area of outstanding natural beauty, this piece of history is believed to date, in parts, from somewhere before the start of the seventeenth century. The property boasts a breast shot waterwheel that last ground corn in the 1950’s and was most recently turned 4 years ago. The setting alongside the mill pool of the milling house, house and outbuildings offers great potential for a number of uses subject to the necessary consents.
Stockwith Mill was run for 35 years as a tearoom, craft shop and more recently became a private residence. The house has been returned to a family home with extensive renovations in recent years including re-wiring with multiple power points to all rooms, plumbing and central heating replaced in 2014 and a full re roof in 2016. In the agents opinion the property offers great scope for further commercial development having a good range of useful outbuildings and a wonderful setting for camping etc (subject to consent from the local authority).
The internal accommodation comprises, entrance hall, sitting room, dining room, kitchen, back kitchen and utility room to the ground floor with three bedrooms, one en suite, family bathroom and dressing room to the first floor.