For buyers on the hunt for a new home, here is some advice as regards making a viewing request through RB&Co.
1. Please be patient
We have a huge backlog of viewing requests from the lockdown period that are being processed in addition to new requests flooding in, now the market has been opened – Its very busy!
The team will be working hard to get you through the door as soon as possible! Remember, due to the government's regulations quite rightly prioritising all our safety, the number of homes that can be viewed in a day is more limited. Whilst many homeowners before lockdown would find it easy to accommodate four or five individual viewings a day, due to personal circumstances and the time need now to prepare and disinfect their home between viewings, one or two viewings may only be possible.
Some of our clients are in ‘at-risk groups’. So at this stage in the lockdown, we may not be in a position to offer you a full viewing for some time, and at present only able to register your interest in the property and a request for a viewing as soon as it is possible.
If you are concerned about losing an opportunity to purchase a property, whilst you waiting patiently for a full viewing appointment, we can to take an offer for a client’s home, and present to them as being subject to a full viewing.
2. Your Viewing Options
Ask the team as to what the viewing options are for viewing the property you are interested in. They could include;
- A ‘Virtual Viewing’ – A video of the property posted on Rightmove and some other portals, on www.robert-bell.org, or a link emailed to you by the sales team.
- A ‘Live Virtual Viewing’ – Where a seller or a member of our sales team links their smartphone to yours and provides you with a 'live video walk around' of the property using Facetime or WhatsApp. There are certain Data Protection Act requirements that need to be met by you with this option.
- A ‘Full Viewing’ – With either the seller or a member of the RB&Co sales team.
In summary. We obviously want you to have a full physical viewing of the property as soon as possible. However, as there may be some delay in this being agreed and arranged with the seller, save time and get an informed view of the property by seeking by selecting a Virtual Viewing Option as a starting point.
3. Full Viewing - How will they be conducted?
On confirmation of your booking for a full viewing, you will be emailed the following viewing guidance.
In order to help fight the spread of coronavirus and ensure the safety of both our staff and clients, we have put the following policies into place, which will require your kind co-operation.
- A maximum of two people is allowed to attend the viewing (plus a member of our staff or the homeowner).
- Both viewers must be from the same household.
- Please bring your own gloves and face masks if you require them
- We politely request that where possible children do not attend the viewing. We appreciate however that this will not always be possible.
- Please ensure that you remain at least 2 metres apart from either our staff member or the homeowner during the viewing (socially distant).
- Please do not touch door handles or surfaces during the viewing. All doors will have been opened for you prior to your viewing. Any questions you have can be answered outside in the garden following the viewing.
- If you or a member of your household show any symptoms for coronavirus prior to the viewing appointment please notify us immediately so that it can be postponed. It can be re-arranged 7 or 14 days later as appropriate.
Please do not hesitate in contacting us directly if you require any further information as regards viewings at this point in time.
The Robert Bell & Company Sale Team