Date: Sunday 30th July 2023 at 2:45pm
Location: Heckington Show Ground, Sleaford, Lincs. NG34 9JF
Viewing: Sunday 30th July, at any time during the Show opening times
At Heckington Show
Our firm is proud to be the appointed auctioneers for the Lincoln Longwool Sheep Breeders Association. This annual show and sale for the Society takes place on the Sunday of Heckington Show, in the livestock arena. There is £130 of prize money to be won, with rosettes being presented to the first four ewes and the first two rams in the Show. The auction normally commences at approximately 2.45pm before the Grand Parade, and is traditionally conducted in guineas, one guinea equalling £1.05.
In order to submit an entry for the sale you must be registered with the Lincoln Longwool Sheep Breeders Association [contact the Secretary - 01522 568660]
Download an entry form (right) or you may have received one by post
Complete your form and return to our Horncastle office, along with the appropriate entry fee.
- All sheep will be presumed to carry a WARRANTY OF SOUNDNESS in respect of mouth and udder, such warranty being expressly declared by each Vendor upon signature on the Entry Form.
- All sheep must be presented in a normal untrimmed fleece.
- All sheep will be examined by breed inspectors for breed and congenital defects. The decision to reject by the breed inspectors is final.
- This sale is for young sheep only: females born 2022 & 2023; males born 2021, 2022 & 2023. Shearling rams - min. weight 85kg (190lb), shearling ewes min. weight 70 kg (150lb).
If you are interested in purchasing animals at this year's sale, please come prepared!
Catalogues are available to download opposite in due course or you can request one by contacting our Horncastle office (email@example.com) or the LLSBA.
There is no need to register prior to the sale if you intend to buy however if you are unknown to the Auctioneers it would be wise to introduce yourself beforehand - we can normally be found in the livestock tents from around 2pm on sale day. There will be LLSBA representatives on hand in the livestock tent at their stand, throughout the Show.
- The sale is conducted in guineas, one guinea equals £1.05. There will also be a 2.5% levy by the LLSBA payable to the Auctioneers by the Purchaser.
- Payment is strictly immediately after the sale by either cash or cheque.
- You will be asked to register with the LLSBA if you are not already a member - you can contact them prior to the sale regarding their requirements www.lincolnlongwools.co.uk
- Animals must be removed from the sale ground by the end of Heckington Show and if you are unsure about movement licensing you are advised to contact the LLSBA for clarity.
- The Vendors shall have the right to fix a reserve price for any of their entries. The Auctioneers reserve the right to bid on behalf of the Vendor up to this price.
- The upset price for rams will be 150gns, ram lambs 100gns, ewes 100gns, and ewe lambs 70gns.
- Vendors of Champion sheep will have the option to sell their animal first or in catalogue order.
- The LLSBA will not guarantee that any sheep in this sale does not carry a black gene.
For further information contact our Auction Department or the Lincoln Longwool Sheep Breeders Association - 01522 568660.
We welcome your support in whatever capacity, vendors and buyers, or why not come along simply to have a look at what we do. We are constantly looking for new sponsors for this event – please contact our Auction department for further details.