Our dedicated letting staff will be pleased to help you to find accommodation to meet your needs.
INFORMATION FOR PROSPECTIVE TENANTS
1. Any property viewed and applied for is taken on an AS SEEN basis. Any questions in respect of the property need to be addressed prior to application.
2. All applicants must be over 18 years of age.
3. If an application is approved in principle, credit checks will be made and references obtained. This process can take between 5 and 10 days. Applications must be accompanied by proof of identification for all adults who will be living at the property. Acceptable documents for tenants within the EEA or Switzerland are one of the following: British/EEA Passport (current or expired), Valid Biometric immigration document, Certificate of Naturalisation as a British Citizen OR: two of the following – Birth Certificate, letter dated within the last three months from an employer, letter from a UK educational Institution, Full or Provisional Driving Licence (with counterpart). Tenants from other countries will need to provide: valid passport/travel document, Biometric immigration document. Residence Card, Immigration Status Document issued by the Home Office. A yes response from the Landlords checking service.
4. You may be asked to provide a Guarantor if you are on a low income, unemployed or have significant breaks in employment. Those in receipt of Housing Benefit will be asked to provide a Guarantor who is prepared to be referenced. WE DO NOT ACCEPT THE RENT ASSIST SCHEME
5. An application does not guarantee acceptance, until you have received verbal or written confirmation from Robert Bell & Company do not make any arrangements to move.
6. If a Tenancy is granted, the initial month’s rent and the deposit must be paid in cash, by credit transfer, Banker’s Draft or Building Society Cheque. Personal or Company cheques will only be accepted if 10 working days are allowed for clearing. Card payments may be accepted for rent and deposit payments but only from cards marked ‘Debit’. No monies will be accepted outside the office of Robert Bell & Company.
7. Tenancy Agreements are Assured Shorthold Agreement for an agreed fixed period – usually 6 months. Details of the deposit for each property (usually 5 weeks rent) are available with the property details. The deposit is transferred to The Deposit Protection Scheme as stakeholders and they have the right to any interest. No interest will be paid to landlord, tenant or agent.
8. Rents during the tenancy are payable in advance by Standing Order.
9. Please note that joint tenants are jointly and severally liable. This means if your partner/spouse/colleague leaves the property, the rent is still due in full on the due date from the remaining tenant(s).
10. If tenants wish to have tenants’ liability insurance cover for accidental damage to the landlord’s furniture, fixtures and fittings. Robert Bell & Company can introduce applicants to an insurance policy through LegalforLandlords that will also cover your own personal possessions. Please ask a member of our staff for a leaflet. Cover is provided subject to terms and conditions.
11. Energy performance ratings are available for all properties, to be read, on request by prospective tenants.
12. HOW TO RENT – The checklist for renting in England has been produced by the Department for Communities and Local Government. It provides you with guidance regarding rent a property. Full details can be read and downloaded from our website www.robert-bell.org. If you do not have access to a computer or require a hard copy of this please contact our Horncastle office on 01507 522222 or Lincoln Office on 01522 538 888 and we will provide you with a hard copy.
13. Tenant Shop Limited acts on our behalf to notify the local council, water supplier(s) and energy provider(s) in line with your tenancy start date and secondly to supply notifications to the local council, water supplier(s) and energy provider(s) from the date that you vacate the property.
Tenant Shop Limited will only use your information for the purpose of council and utility registration, closing of council and utility accounts and Energy/Media comparisons upon your arrival. Call Centre comparisons are completely optional for you (the tenant) can opt in should you wish. Tenant shop Limited is fully compliant with GDPR (General Data Protection) Rules and Regulations.