Compensation and Compulsory Purchase

We act for farmers and landowners in preparing and negotiating claims for loss of land, nuisance, severance, disturbance and injurious affection where land or wayleaves are compulsory purchased. Generally the acquiring authority pays our fees.

Robert Bell and Company can advise and claim compensation for land taken, easements granted, disturbance, crop loss, injurious affection, accommodation works, future losses, and other reasonable claims. Types of works we have advised on include:

  • Easements for gas, water, cables, etc.
  • Land taken for roads, flood alleviation schemes, and other works.
  • Telecommunication masts 
  • Wayleaves for electricity
  • Negotiations for compounds

We are able to help negotiate with the acquiring authority on how to mitigate the effects of the proposed works to minimise the effect of your business and discussions should be held at the earliest possible time.